Looking at ourselves and the world through the lens of the 21st century.

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! This week during the podcast we talked about the “Luck of the Irish” and how it is actually kind of unlucky. I wanted to touch on this subject a little more. I have been working on positive affirmations for myself for some time, and I am a firm believer that what you think and say are your reality. 


This really brings some of the talking points in Eckhart Tolle’s “A New Earth” front and center. In his book he discussed people thinking and talking negatively, and how that action brings them into a negative pattern of behavior. Those negative thoughts feed the ego, allowing more negative thoughts to arise. I am thankful that this behavior has been brought to my attention. I have been striving, since reading the book, to feed my mind only good thoughts. I have found myself slipping into a pessimistic mind frame from time to time out of habit. This tends to happen to me when I get stressed and overwhelmed. I don’t necessarily consider myself to be lucky or unlucky though.

Frane Selak is a good example of someone that was considered the most unlucky person and/or the luckiest in the world. He passed away several years ago, but when he was alive, he had many seemingly unfortunate events occur one right after the other. He was a survivor of several motor vehicle accidents that left other passengers dead. Although he came close to death many times, I consider him a lucky survivor. Someone else might argue that he was unlucky since he had so many accidents while in a moving vehicle. 

I know that many of us can feel like we are being attacked by an outside force of bad luck. The saying, “if it’s not one thing, then it's another” and Murphy’s Law, “if it can happen, it will happen”, come to mind. If you feel like you are a victim or suffering from a negative force of back luck, stop yourself from spiraling into a negative mindset before you get too deep. 



This is the good vibes only zone! I compiled a short list of positive affirmations regarding luck! 


  • I am lucky

  • Good things happen to me

  • I attract wealth and prosperity

  • Wonderful things happen to me every day

  • Everything is going my way

  • Good fortune flows my way

  • My day is flowing effortlessly

  • My life has purpose and meaning

  • My day is exciting and full of adventure

  • Amazing opportunities come into my life

  • I am constantly drawing good fortune my way

  • My day is full of opportunities

  • Good luck comes natural to me

  • My positive thoughts and actions bring me good luck

  • Things always work out for me

  • I am lucky and alive

  • Things happen for me, not to me

  • I always bounce back

  • I always land on my feet


I cannot claim that thinking positively will stop the force of bad luck, but I can attest that a positive mindset can turn any situation around. There are many other ways to turn your misfortune around and hopefully we can get to those another time. Let me know if that is something that interests you! What do you do when you strike into a row of misfortune? Do you have any go to phrases or actions? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Manifest Your Best Life

Hi there, and welcome back! Since we have been heavily focusing on goals and planning, I thought we should discuss manifesting. I love this ...