Looking at ourselves and the world through the lens of the 21st century.

Monday, June 5, 2023

Packing Light but Keeping It Crafty

This summer the Modern Musings girls are going on a trip! We just booked our hotel in Marfa, Texas and we are so excited to go on this adventure together, just us girls – no husbands, kids, or pets! I typically bring my craft supplies with me and work on a project during the down time in the hotel room. This usually includes my travel journal, a little supply  bag with glue, scissors, a pencil, markers, little scraps of paper, washi tape and some ephemera. I may even bring a stamp or two. Oh…and stickers…can’t forget stickers. The list goes on and on…


Actually, the last couple of trips that I have been on, I brought my little scrapbook album and way too many other supplies. I had these grand ideas of scrapbooking on my trip and completing the travel journal as my trip unfolded. I think I brought too much, thus giving myself decision fatigue.  Yes, I did spend a little bit of time actually scrapbooking, but what ended up happening was I started a new travel journal and never finished it. This resulted in yet another unfinished project.


I made a resolution to myself to not start any more new projects, though. So thinking back, I actually busted my goal, which is a little disappointing. The plan was to not start anything new. I am slowly but surely knocking off projects, one at a time so there is that. I am really proud of myself for completing some of my projects. This is a big deal for me as I am the queen of not finishing things. 


I set a goal and I'm sticking to it this time, though. It might be a little challenging to not do some type of craft while we are on this trip. I may still need to find something to do to keep my hands busy. The projects I am working on are too big to take on a road trip like this. And of course I will still scrapbook this trip, but not at this time. I am going to save the scrapbooking for when I am at home and have all my supplies close at hand. This time around I‘m going to keep it simple by only hand journaling the trip. I am going to bring my small journal, some smooth writing pens and pencils and I will just write my heart out. I can still take pictures; I’m just not going to print them until the time is right. 


I think the nice thing about keeping it simple will be no mess to pick up, and less things to lug around. Since we are going on a road trip, we need to get all our things to fit into one car comfortably, and the less I bring, the better for everyone. This means more time can be spent being in the moment with my mom and Amber, relaxing, and creating new memories. 


Do you have any summer plans or are you looking forward to getting away sometime soon? Have you thought about what you will bring with you to work on during the down time? Do you have any journaling tips that you can give me? Drop me a message below in the comments. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Manifest Your Best Life

Hi there, and welcome back! Since we have been heavily focusing on goals and planning, I thought we should discuss manifesting. I love this ...