Looking at ourselves and the world through the lens of the 21st century.

Thursday, June 23, 2022

Christen’s Go-to Bariatric Snacks!

Hi, everyone! I hope your summer is going great! I just got back from a fun summer camp out, and before that I was at a scrapbook convention all weekend. I can safely say that my summer has rolled out and is in full swing! When it comes to busy activities and planning family fun-time, one of the biggest debates we have is what we are going to eat. It is easy to plan something healthy for meals, as we have a good running list of family recipes that we refer to when we make our plans, but the snacks are where we find ourselves in a pickle. If we don’t make plans for healthy snacks, we find ourselves either hungry and cranky, or making poor decisions when it comes time to eat.

I keep a handy list of quick and easy snacks  on my phone  that I can reference when needed. I tend to get tunnel vision when it comes to food, and find myself eating the same thing over and over again until I get burnout. Since I have had bariatric surgery, I have a little bit more restrictions when it comes to what I should eat. I could eat just about anything now since it has been several years since my surgery, but I really prefer to keep as close to the meal recommendations as I possibly can. Here’s what’s on my list:

Hand-packed snacks:
Boiled eggs
Baby carrots
String cheese
Meat and cheese roll-ups (ham and Swiss is my favorite)
Sugar-free popsicles
Tuna pouches
Pickles and olives
Salami or pepperoni with cream cheese 
Sargento Balanced Breaks
Oikos Triple Zero yogurt







Protein bars:
Premier Protein - chocolate peanut butter 
Quest - s’mores
Atkins - protein wafer crisp lemon vanilla


Protein shakes:
Muscle Milk 100 Calorie
Premier Protein 
Atkins
MRE Lite - in powder form mixed with milk 


I know that a lot of these snacks might seem a little bland, but they are great if you are looking for high protein and low sugar snacks. Most of these items you can keep on hand at any given time. Additionally the shelf life of most of them is longer than many other snacks. The best part is they take little to no fuss. You can grab and go or pack a little snack bag or even pre-make a few lunch meat wraps. Usually when I buy a new package of salami and cream cheese, I will go ahead and put the whole package together so that I can grab a few right from the fridge. It is super helpful to have these ready to go now that I work from home. Having these yummy filling snacks available whenever I want them keeps me from running through the pantry and grabbing chips or a handful of cookies, which is very dangerous now that I work from home. 

Do you have any delicious quick and easy snacks or bariatric snacks that are your favorite? I would love to hear what you keep on standby. Be sure to stop by and continue the conversation on MMC Chat on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Manifest Your Best Life

Hi there, and welcome back! Since we have been heavily focusing on goals and planning, I thought we should discuss manifesting. I love this ...