Looking at ourselves and the world through the lens of the 21st century.

Thursday, March 10, 2022


Hi Everyone! Welcome back to Modern Musings! I wanted to mention that not only was Tuesday International Women’s Day but all during the month of March is Women’s History Month in the United States. Although the recognition of Women’s History month is still new, women have been making great strides towards women’s rights and leaving a positive impact on society. The lines between women’s history and women’s rights are often blurred, as women were granted more rights, we have been able to make a bigger impact. 

Some of my favorite females of history are Anne Frank, Laura Ingalls Wilder and Maya Angelou. The reason I admire them so much is that they were humble in the life they lived. They documented their everyday experiences and the world was able to learn so much from them. They didn’t flaunt a fancy lifestyle or insist that their way of living was the correct way. They merely opened a window into their world as they lived it. Their reason for documenting their life wasn’t a means to sell a product or get rich; they wrote because they were called to do it. 

As a scrapbooker, blogger and podcaster I can relate. I want to document my history, as well as my family’s. Through blogging and the podcast, I can share my story with others, both the good stories and the tough challenges. My hope is that I can make at least one person smile, or even go “hmm?” as I make my mark in the world. I feel so lucky, and yes, also privileged, to be able to share my voice. There are so many other women who are not as fortunate as me. That's why it is our jobs, those with a voice that can be heard, to be as loud as possible. I hope that I can use the tools and skills that I have to help empower women.

Celebrating Women’s History is going viral - other countries are starting to recognize women's history online on social media outlets. Let’s keep the conversation going by celebrating women's history and the many accomplishments we have made! Share your voice and join us to continue the conversation on our MMC Chat on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Manifest Your Best Life

Hi there, and welcome back! Since we have been heavily focusing on goals and planning, I thought we should discuss manifesting. I love this ...