Looking at ourselves and the world through the lens of the 21st century.

Thursday, January 19, 2023

Finally Taking my DNA Test

 Hi, everyone. If you checked out Wednesday’s podcast, you might recall that I had been struggling with some of my family connections. I have some missing links for my family ancestry. I also have a DNA kit from 23andMe and I have yet to take the test!

I thought I would go ahead and take the DNA test today and send off the results. I would also use that as a way to reconnect with some of my less familiar family members. I thought that would be a great way to start the conversation and ask if they know if anyone else in the family has taken the test. Then I could follow up with questions about people's dates of birth and legal names, especially my paternal grandfather. I also hope to find more about myself along the way once I get my DNA test back. 

After way too much procrastination, I am ready to take my test!

Here is a little unboxing so you can see what is in the box.

Everything you need is packed in this little box.

No eating or drinking 30 minutes prior; way easier than taking a Covid-19 test.


I recommend that you get fully hydrated so you can easily spit into the tube. 
Pack it back up in the box and toss it in a USPS mailbox to be picked up.

Have you had any struggles connecting with your relatives? I would love to hear your thoughts! Please feel free to comment below, or head on over to MMC chat, our Facebook group where you can join in on the conversation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Manifest Your Best Life

Hi there, and welcome back! Since we have been heavily focusing on goals and planning, I thought we should discuss manifesting. I love this ...