Looking at ourselves and the world through the lens of the 21st century.

Monday, November 7, 2022

Just Do It - At Least 70% of It...

Just Do It! Nike has the right idea, it’s not about being the Olympic athlete, but actually getting out there and just doing “it” (training) by going through the motions. Olympic athletes do not happen overnight. They become the professional athletes that they are by persistently getting out there and training day in and day out. The same can apply for anything in life: your career, your artistic hobby or craft, or even getting out there and making new friends. You don’t have to have all the supplies or fancy gear, and you don’t have to be perfect at it. You just have to apply yourself. And with time and practice, you will improve and get better. 



And why am I talking about this? On the podcast this week we will be dissecting a video that I saw on YouTube about procrastinating and why we procrastinate. I came across the video because I searched “tips to stop procrastinating” and this came up. This has been a pivotal video in my personal development journey. You should check out the video (it is a quick watch), then tune in on Wednesday for the discussion. The video is Advice for Perfectionists & Procrastinators: The 70% Rule – not to be confused with the 70% rule for flipping houses! Cam, aka Struthless, talks about how our high expectations for perfectionism are the cause of procrastination, as we are avoiding producing something less than perfect. He encourages you to go through the motions and just do the activity to see your results improve over time. 

I highly encourage you to check this video out as it has really changed my perspective on how I apply myself and what I expect out of myself. Of course, ridding myself of procrastination and perfectionism did not happen overnight. It took time, a new shift in mindset, and lots of positive self-talk. It is (and I am) a work in progress. 

I can’t wait to hear your thoughts. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Manifest Your Best Life

Hi there, and welcome back! Since we have been heavily focusing on goals and planning, I thought we should discuss manifesting. I love this ...