Looking at ourselves and the world through the lens of the 21st century.

Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christen's Fan Girl Crushes

Merry Christmas everyone, Christen here.  If you haven’t found out yet, I am a huge fangirl for Syfy and Fantasy books, movies, art, and games, you name it! This will not be the only time I go on gushing about my favorite fictional characters - I just know it. Although there are some really hunky actors and spicy actresses out there, I find myself crushing on the fictional characters themselves more than the real life people. I just couldn't resist sharing my all time favorite Hollywood Fantasy Hunks. I mean, I literally have two Pinterest boards dedicated to my favorite movie males. Disclaimer, one of these is not a true “hall pass” for obvious reasons. 

My very first fantasy movie crush was Atreyu from Never Ending Story, portrayed by Noah Hathaway. He was just so cute in that movie, and I kind of wanted to be him too! I even got the Auryn tattoo as an adult! Yes, I am obsessed. The Never Ending Story was, is, and always will be my favorite book and movie. I am fairly positive that it shined the light on my interest in the fantasy genre. He is not a hall pass by any means, but was too important not to mention.

Captain Malcom Reynolds, talk about steamy! Firefly the TV series was short lived, but long reigns in my household as one of the greatest TV shows of all time. I just can’t get enough of Nathan Fillion and his devilish grin. I have watched this series over and over and never tire of him. He portrays the captain of Serenity in this syfy western by Joss Whedon.



Ronon Dex, of Stargate Atlantis, most popularly known as Jason Momoa. I just have to say, I had the hots for this guy way before all you other chicks did, so he is mine, back off! If there ever was a hall pass, this guy is for sure the one. I think that the reason I like this character so much is because he is gruff, burly and even though he has a sour attitude at times, his character is really sensitive at the core.  I have joked with my husband about this yummy man-meat before and he knows, oh he knows, that he is a hall pass. Anytime he sees something online or on the TV about Jason Momoa, he will let me know; it’s like he is egging me on.



Uhtred, son of Uhtred...that man may have a fiery temper, but hot damn - he is delicious. He falls into the category of Dirty Hot as my mom and I call it. He looks like he needs a bath, but for some reason that is sexy to me. The actor, Alexander Draymon actually has a very sweet face and looks quite different outside of his role on The Last Kingdom.  If I could go back in time to 1006 AD I would totally be his shield maiden.


And lastly, my most recent hunk…shocker… he also has long hair, Geralt of Rivia in
The Witcher. Henry Cavill plays the main character in this fantasy action thriller based on a video game, and he is a chiseled beast I would like to grab ahold of. Now this actor is handsome, whether he is Superman, Charles Brandon 1st Duke of Suffolk, or Sherlock Holmes. I have had the pleasure of watching him grow older from his soft pudgy cheeks to his well defined jawbones. He doesn’t need a costume or fantasy role to be a hottie in my book. I have been a fan for a while, and was thrilled when I saw that The Witcher was coming out on Netflix. If you have not seen any of those movies, or shows, you gotta check them out. 


Well, I could go on and on about my favorite celebs, or movie characters. I want to end my list with just a few honorable mentions: Dean Winchester of Supernatural (Jensen Ackles), Batman (Christian Bale’s version), Matt Smith as the Doctor in Doctor Who, and Madmardigan in Willow (Val Kilmer). I would love to know who some of your favorite Syfy hotties are in the comments and what makes them worthy of being a hall pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Manifest Your Best Life

Hi there, and welcome back! Since we have been heavily focusing on goals and planning, I thought we should discuss manifesting. I love this ...