Looking at ourselves and the world through the lens of the 21st century.

Thursday, December 2, 2021

A Different Take on Holiday Cards

This week on our podcast we talked about Christmas cards. I just want to start off by saying that I am a bad card giver. I like the idea of Christmas cards and every year I make the quintessential Facebook post where I ask people to give me their addresses (even if I already have them) if they want a Christmas card.

After I collect these addresses (and they are usually from the same hopeful people that still believe in me), I go out and try to find the wittiest Christmas card that I can find. I feel like I can’t just send a regular card, I have to send a funny card. Last year, I bought Christmas Vacation cards with a smiling Chevy Chase on the front. Every year, I go through the motions of writing out my Christmas cards and packaging them. I address my Christmas cards and then I sometimes even go as far as putting a stamp on them. If it’s a lucky year, the cards even get mailed -- usually in January. However, until I moved earlier this year, I had a box of un-mailed Christmas cards spanning back for as long as seven years. We have already talked about how weird the last few years have been for me anyway. I figured the cards were past sending and when I moved to my new place, I tossed them.

This year, I asked again for addresses. However, I’ve decided to do something different for Christmas cards this year. I’m going to send my favorite holiday recipes to my small address fanbase instead of a generic message in a generic Christmas card. 


They say all of the great ideas are stolen and I decided to steal my idea from a post I saw floating around on Facebook. The post said, “for Christmas, I would love to receive Christmas cards. Will you write your favorite recipe inside of the card? Even if we hardly talk, message me for my address if you don’t have it. I would gladly send you one also if you’d like!” So, I shared the post along with this picture and I was flooded with addresses.




As the post became more well-known, I saw other friends sharing the message as well so I sent them my address and they sent me theirs. So far, I have twenty cards to fill out. I’m hoping for more and to get some recipes in return. I would also like to share my recipes with my readers as well. Christen and Cindy will also be participating in this recipe exchange. We have each picked our favorite recipes to share with our readers. Please send us your address by joining our mailing list using this secure form
and we will each send you a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Manifest Your Best Life

Hi there, and welcome back! Since we have been heavily focusing on goals and planning, I thought we should discuss manifesting. I love this ...