Looking at ourselves and the world through the lens of the 21st century.

Monday, July 11, 2022

My Favorite Day Trips

Hello everyone! It’s Amber here again, and this week we will discuss day trips on our podcast. What is a day trip anyway? You can take a day trip and be back home in one day. There are many different types of day trips that you can take, and I have favorites in each category.

Grapevine Lake

  • Nature Trips: When most think of day trips, they probably think about nature trips such as a trip to the lake which is just one type of nature trip. I love going to the lake, especially if the lake is surrounded by trees. I love trees and water. I don’t necessarily like getting in the water, but being around a placid lake surrounded by trees is soothing to me. Living in the city can be tough when you want to get away from the hustle and bustle, but there are plenty of nature trips in or around the city if you take the time to investigate. My perfect time at the lake would consist of sitting by the water, reading a book, and listening to the sounds around me. My favorite urban body of water to visit is Grapevine Lake and Katy’s Woods in Grapevine, Texas.
  • Shopping Trips: One might not think of shopping trips as day trips but, for me, shopping usually lasts most of the day depending on where I go, especially if I go antiquing or to estate sales. Every few months, I like to go on a metaphysical day trip and visit as many metaphysical stores or markets as I can in one day. My favorite locations to shop at are in the North Dallas suburbs:

The Samurai Collection

  • Recreational and Historical Activities: Activities can also be considered a day trip. One of my favorite activities to do in my area (aside from shopping) is to visit the local museums and art galleries. Recently, my boyfriend and I discovered The Ann & Gabriel Barbier-Mueller Museum and historic art walk in downtown Dallas. It is a small museum that focuses on the history of the Samurai. Another museum we recently explored was the Perot Museum of Nature and Science which has “adult only” nights featuring live music, dancing, and food trucks. Recreational activities could also include visiting the local water park or amusement park. 
  • Other activities you can do in a day:
    • Geocaching: Using your navigational skills to locate hidden containers or “treasure.”
    • Urban Exploration: If you like photography as I do, exploring abandoned places and historical landmarks is a fun way to get out of the house.
    • Trying new restaurants: As a food blogger, I do this quite frequently.
    • The local music scene: In the Dallas area, we have a neighborhood called Deep Ellum where a lot of local and national artists play.

Perot Museum

I want to hear from our readers. What is your favorite day trip? What do you think constitutes a day trip? Let’s continue the conversation in our Facebook Group: MMC Chat!



No comments:

Post a Comment

5 Ways to Manifest Your Best Life

Hi there, and welcome back! Since we have been heavily focusing on goals and planning, I thought we should discuss manifesting. I love this ...